Bob of Montreal
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
 
Phone II : ATT Hates me.
After 2 weeks of no voicemail and a 2-week old promise from ATT to get it fixed, I called ATT again. Now, they say that it is impossible to fix, because the call goes to the local Canadian network, and they lose control of it. That gives me the option of: (1) turning off my phone so that callers get my voicemail; (2) keeping my phone on, it rings, and if I can't answer, callers get the general ATT voicemail (where they could re-enter my number if they had it memorized -- but who the heck memorizes phone numbers).

I've started the number portability thing -- moving my cell phone number to my home number (which will forward to my new Canadian cell phone after a few rings). Sorry for the hassle.
Oh, in the process of finding this out, ATT customer service hung up on me. Seems that they didn't have any record of my previous call and complaint. They had no idea that I had a problem. So, they just dropped the whole complaint 2 seconds after my last call, and never looked into it. So I was talking over the "customer service" representatitive, and they come back with "Please don't shout at me sir" and I responded "I'm not shouting, I'm talking over you -- there's a difference, and you are not listening to what I'm saying." So she hung up on me.

Promise: I'll write about my teaching experiences very soon, and we'll get away from consumer complaints.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger