Bob of Montreal
Wednesday, December 24, 2003
 
On Christmas Eve
It was a quiet day in Lake Woebegone. I'm waiting today noon-5 for the cable company to come for the hookup --- after which, I will no longer have to occupy the free wi-fi hotspots in local cafes -- I can write my screeds from home.

I went out this morning to do some Government paperwork, but found the first Government office closed -- and I assumed the rest would be too, so I dropped the enterprise, ran a bank errand and came to my wifi cafe.
The remarkable multi-lingualism of the city impresses through to Tuesday. In this cafe, I am right now hearing French, English and Spanish. I am typically addressed in French, but the speakers swaps into English as soon as they realize I have the French skills of an area rug. My French books aren't pulled out of the box yet.

And tomorrow, on Christmas, I made an appointment for an early Brunch at the Ritz-Carlton (about 1 Mi from Chez Robert), and, actually, a reservation for tea at 3:30 (same place).

omygosh! I just realized that I have a working fireplace this year! Which means, MAYBE SANTA WILL COME DOWN IT!!!!!

Let's watch.


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger