Bob of Montreal
Saturday, December 27, 2003
 
House Chores
They're not fun, but they are necessary. After nearly a month of being introduced to my neighbors by their being able to peek in on me as I sleep, I'm putting up the bedroom curtains today. The first attempt yesterday failed, as the drywall anchors on one post didn't seat right, and, when the curtains went up, they pulled out of the wall, leaving two gaping holes where the screws used to be.

That was how I discovered there's a Home Depot only 6 klicks away. And after the sundry purchase of plaster filler, and some new anchors, I'm back at it. Followed by wallpaper stripping in the front room.

Oh! But first, the baseboard mounting in the fridge covey comes out, so that my fridge can take its place, and stop hogging 2/3 of the rest of the kitchen.

This, after sitting on my couch, watching the few hundred kids sled down the run on Mont-Royal a few hundred feet away. Sigh. I suspect the best sledding is in the future, though. You should see the crowds -- if the landlord knew, he would have upped the rent, it's so terribly Norman Rockwell/Charlie Brown picturesque.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger