Bob of Montreal
Wednesday, December 31, 2003
 
AT&T Wireless Having Major Technical Difficulties.
A friend who called me at my cellphone number found that when I don't answer, instead of getting kicked to my voicemail, they got kicked to a general AT&T voicemail number (where they could still re-enter my phone number and get my voicemail, but that's not supposed to be how it works). I called AT&T customer service to fix this; their automated wait-time-estimator said "6-10 minutes"; in fact, I had to wait 40 min to get a customer care representative on the phone.

It took about 10 minutes for them to understand what was going on; they upgraded the problem to their technical assistance people, and said I would get called back today.

At 11:30pm, their technical assistance called me and said "Okay, let's see what happens: hang up, let us call you back, and we'll see what happens." I did, they called back, I let it go to voicemail. After 2 minutes, I had a message "New Voicemail". I called to check it--- and found that the system said that I had no voicemail account. It wouldn't even let me access it. I called customer service, but now the wait-time estimator said ">10 minutes" wait -- if "6-10 minutes" meant 40 minutes, then this was worse, and I didn't have an hour to kill. I went to bed.

I called customer service at 6:50am; technical assistance was not yet in, call back at 7:30am. After 30 minutes of their representative playing foot-tag with their technical assistance, I was told that the problem I am experiencing is a major one, and that I will be without voicemail for 3-5 days while they take care of it.




Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger